The original hand-written Parish Registers are held at present in Bosbury Church
(a small fee is charged for access) but register 2 has been damaged. The General Register Office
in Southport holds records from 1837 onwards. For earlier dates, microfilms of the Parish Register ( MX261 )
and Bishop’s Transcript ( MX13 ) are available for study at the Herefordshire Archive and Records Centre,
Fir Tree Lane, Dinedor, Hereford, HR2 6LA. The quality is not always of the best and they can be difficult to read.
However the Genealogical Society of Utah has transcribed their microfilms and this was first published online at FamilySearch in 2011.
On this website, we have applied our local knowledge of names and places to make our transcript hopefully more accurate, though not infallible. Any errors, please let us know. Barry Sharples, Robert Hood-Wright, with assistance from Polly Rubery, 2013
Two dates are given? say 1712/1713 or 1712/13?
In the Julian calendar, in use in England up to January 1st. 1752, each year began on 25th March. Before the 25th the date is one year earlier than by our present calendar, so both the ‘Old-style’ and the ‘New-style’ year are given here. The year in both calendars agrees from 25th March to 31st December.
Note: Between 1610 and 1640 the register uses Latin first names which are here translated e.g. Guglielmus = William, Henricus = Henry, Richus = Richard.